Thursday, May 7, 2009

If I worked for Hallmark....

I think there should be a line of Mother's Day card that celebrate the dysfunctional mom. Like, "Thanks for leaving me with Grandma and Grandpa - I turned out okay!" or "You did the best you could, considering - so crack open another beer and toast yourself on a job well done!". The reality is, not everyone had June Cleaver or Mrs. C for moms. Some were absent, some were abusive, and some were just downright Joan Crawford-ish. The saving grace for some is the generic blank card with a simply flower on the front.....because sometimes you just can't put into words what this person means (or doesn't mean) to you.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! AND, I think that there is a very bright future for you writing cards....you should submit those! :o)

    ReplyDelete