Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What I found sad

A random headline caught my eye, "Former American Idol Contestant Found Dead"; and so, like any morbidly curious person, I clicked and learnt that "Glitter Girl" Alexis Cohen was found dead by the side of the road, a victim of a hit-and-run. Two pedestrians found her body. Who was this young woman? She appeared twice on American Idol during the audition cycle - she was erratic, volatile, eccentric - a freak show. People could laugh at her antics, shake their heads in disbelief as she proclaimed herself to be the next American Idol.....and then when she came back the next year! What a sucker for punishment! It was so bad it was funny - comical even. Right?

I just find it incredibly sad that in the end, she was found dead, alone, at 4am, by the side of the road, like an animal, by two strangers who just happened upon her. This was some one's daughter, some one's child - I find that sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment