Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What I would give to be a one hit wonder....

I am always amazed by how we criticize someone who doesn't place in the Olympics, who was nominated for an Oscar but didn't win, or who had one hit song but never did anything else. And what have you done lately?

The reality is, the mass majority of us will never achieve such success. I, for one, will probably never intoxicate the world with a song that causes hoards of people to download and sing my creation. I will probably never star, co-star, or have a cameo in a film. I am pretty sure I will never be signed to the NHL for a second-string team. Nena's 99 Luftballoons is iconic - and what have you done lately?

We just love to diminish and criticize.....Sally Kirkland, anyone?

What I wouldn't give to be a one hit wonder.....with killer royalties

No comments:

Post a Comment