Monday, June 29, 2009

Things I saw today...

On my way to work
A dead deer by the side of the busy urban street. It was surreal as I saw hooves lying by the sidewalk. I wanted to cover the poor animal up -, sadly, however, I don't tend to pack an extra tarp with me. Poor thing....I guess he was trying to get to the drug store that was across the street, for reasons unknown.

At lunch
Walking to work from the drug store (the same one the deer didn't make to), I saw what, I thought, was a young couple in a death-like embrace. I was wearing my i-pod, listening to Miley Cyrus "See You Again" (don't ask - and don't judge!), and was intrigued by the passionate grappling that was taking place. Then I noticed that the young couple was actually older than I first thought....like in their mid-40s; and I am pretty sure they were junkies. Suddenly that intriguing moment was not so intriguing as I realized they were probably fighting over who took the last hit and where were they getting their next....and then they crossed the busy highway towards me, like aimless deers - and I saw a repeat of my morning. I just scuttled by with my library books, listening to Miley and trying not to draw attention to myself.

On the way home
I was on the bus, reading my book and unwinding when I suddenly smelt beer. Great, I thought, some old drunk is behind me. I pulled the cord for my stop; and a few seconds later, the drunk was yanking away, trying to figure out why the cord wasn't working. The person got up to tell the driver - the drunk turned out to be a young woman (maybe 19) in the shortest shorts (we're talking a glimpse of cheeks) with the biggest white Playboy bunny purse - she was the defination of a white hot mess. As she giggled her way off the bus, the driver commented that he like how she smelt. Hee hee, she twittered, its Budweiser! Hmmmmm, the driver said, Bud with a splash of sunshine - you smell good. I kid you not - this is the exchange I overheard. I hurried off the bus before I hurled.

Seriously? She's a silly little girl, drunk at 5pm, wearing denim underpants - that is hot? Okay, it probably is; but really, after the day I had, what I saw.....I needed to drink something in the sun and fry my brain. Yup, it was one of those days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment